Thursday, January 22, 2009

Turn, Turn, Turn (to everything there is a season)...


Tonight, Mrs. Bear went to use a portable CD player and found that it wouldn't work because a battery had corroded after being left too long in the machine. She did, though, get it to work. Oh... So this explains why I overheard part of a conversation earlier today in a large major-chain grocery store...

A woman nearby says something to her partner that I can't hear due to the piped-in music from the 60's (like These Eyes from the Guess Who). But I do hear his strongly voiced and overly loud reply, "Well, I take very, very good care of my electronic equipment! My stereo, my TV, my computer, my car - all are in very, very good operating order! I make sure of that!"

Wait a second, a car is now considered a piece of electronic equipment? I swear, you can't make these things up, although for the longest time I thought that maybe the San Francisco Chronicle did for its daily "Public eavesdropping" feature. Now I believe... I'm a believer.

Note: Speaking of believing, this is the 150th post on Troy Bear... And they said it wouldn't last! "Simple survival is the greatest victory." Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment