Monday, March 23, 2009

Starbucks Continues to Stumble...


I regularly visit two Starbucks shops. Both now have in stock only one of the "The Way I See It" quotation cups - the one explaining that sudden success can be more dangerous than failure. I wonder if they see the irony in that?

One of the shops is out of sleeve holders, those cardboard grips you add to your to-go cup so your hands don't get burned. More problems with the supplies.

Interestingly, the CEO of Starbucks acknowledged just last week - at a coffee convention (who knew there was such a thing?) - that he's heard and read the criticisms... He even knows about Melody of Seattle, the activist attorney blogger who leads the bold coffee movement (whom I now consider to be a friend). More on Melody in the near future.

OK, let me supply this preview... As noted in the online-only version of the Seattle Post Intelligencer (Seattle P-I), Melody is one of the most frequent posters on My Starbucks Idea - where links to several of my own bold coffee comments are posted - and on the Starbucks Gossip site.

Enough said, almost... Keep on requesting those bold coffees, even after the noon hour strikes! If they won't serve you one, head on over to Peet's.

No sleep 'til Brooklyn.

Photo: flickr (nooni)

No comments:

Post a Comment