Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dear Paul (a song by Jenny Dalton)


Dear Paul, I am writing
wondering how you have been
Dear Paul, I've been reading
I fear I'm reading too much into this

Give me something more
Give me something strong
Give me something I can believe in
Give me something more
Give me something strong
I know something's wrong with this picture

Dear Paul, I have thrown out
everything that I believe in
I can't decide if I'm a nihilist or a fatalist
today

Dear Paul, I know I've been
a little bit out of touch, a little bit out of
reach
But now I'll sit beside you
Take my hand, let's see what happens

And he says, "Give me something more.
Give me something strong.
Give me something I can believe in."
And I said, "I can't give you more.
This is all I've got.
This is everything I believe in."

Photo: flickr (slagheap)

No comments:

Post a Comment